Using the NHIF mpesa paybill number, we guide you on how to pay for NHIF. The NHIF mpesa paybill number is 200222. Self-employed and other NHIF users can easily pay for their monthly subscriptions via mpesa from the comfort of their houses. The mpesa payment method for NHIF is only allowed for self-employed and voluntary contributors only.
You need the following:
- Your national Id card
- NHIF account number
- The NHIF mpesa paybill number is 200222
How to pay for NHIF via mpesa using paybill number
- Navigate to your STK and select mpesa
- On the mpesa menu, select lipa na mpesa
- From the M-Pesa menu, select the pay bill option
- You shall be prompted to enter the NHIF pay bill number which is – 200222
- On the account number, enter your national ID number
- Enter the correct amount according to your plan
- Enter your M-Pesa pin
- You shall receive a pop-up prompt from mpesa to confirm the details entered. If the details are correct, accept and continue.
- Finally, you shall receive a mpesa message to confirm your payment.
NHIF mpesa pay bill charges – How much does the mpesa service for paying NHIF to cost?
When you pay for your NHIF contribution through mpesa, there are charges that mpesa exercises on each contribution. In the table below, we break down the charges.
|AMOUNT (SHILLINGS)||MPESA CHARGES (SHILLINGS)|
This is the NHIF paybill number and how to pay for NHIF. In case you have any issues, you can reach NHIF customer care through their contacts provided here.