How to apply for permanent residency in Qatar
This is a guide for applying for permanent residency in Qatar. Getting a permanent residence permit is important if you intend to stay in Qatar. You will need this card to;
- Pay your bills
- To rent a house
- Entering government buildings.
- Getting a driver’s license
- Apply for a loan
- Renting a car
كيفية التقدم للحصول على الإقامة الدائمة في قطر
Rules and regulations to obtain a permanent residency permit in Qatar.
- If the applicant was born outside Qatar, he or she should have completed 20 years in Qatar on a legal ordinary residency permit. If the applicant was born in Qatar, the applicant should have completed 10 years in Qatar. The residency period should be consecutive without any breaks and should be before the submission date of the application form for permanent residency.
- The applicant’s residency in Qatar should not be interrupted by staying outside the country for 60 days in a year and the duration of stay outside Qatar will be deducted from the balance of residency within Qatar.
- If the applicant leaves Qatar after applying for the permanent residency permit for over six months consecutively, the Ministry of Interior can disqualify the applicant’s previous residency duration in the country. The applicant should earn enough income to cover themselves, and their families expenses. The cabinet will specify the applicant’s minimum income and exceptional cases.
- The applicant should have good conduct and a good reputation. He/she applicant should not have been previously convicted or been found guilty of any dishonorable offence unless he/she has been rehabilitated under Qatar’s law.
- The applicant should have adequate knowledge of the Arabic language.
- Article No.1 does not apply to some special categories of expatriates like the non-Qatari husband of a Qatari woman, any children of a Qatari woman married to a non-Qatari, a non-Qatari husband of a Qatari woman, an expatriate wife of a Qatari citizen, any children of a Qatari with naturalization, people with special abilities needed by the state. Clauses 1,2 and 3 apply to the expatriate husband of a Qatari woman, who applies for a permanent residency permit in Qatar.
You will require the following documents
- Passport of the resident
- Photo of resident
- Copy of resident permit of a resident
- Photocopy of sponsors’ valid ID
- Photocopy of establishment valid ID
- Employment ID Card
How to apply for the permanent residency permit
- The application should be submitted through the Ministry of Interior’s website. Click here to access the MOI website.
- If the applicant meets the requirements, they will be notified via SMS to submit the required documents.
- The applicant will have to pay QR 3000 if they are deemed eligible for a permanent residency visa.
- Upon completion of the procedure, the applicant will be required to pay a final fee of QR 3000 to finish the process.
- If you wish to enquire about the status of your permanent residency visa status or to check legibility, click here.
- If you lose your Residence Permit, go to a branch of the Ministry of Interior with your passport. You will be required to pay a fee of QR 200. You will need to fill out a lost ID form and be issued a new card. Be sure to make a copy of your Residence Permit.